No doubt that for many business persons as well as individuals, email has become an important way of sharing confidential data. There are various email clients available in the market yet Gmail has a separate client base. More than millions of users are daily using Gmail for their email communication. Due to continuously increasing cases of unethical hacking many users are searching for ways to backup Gmail email accounts. In this blog, we will share some go-to methods to save your emails from your Gmail account. Before jumping to the solution, let’s take a view of some major causes of Gmail email backup.
Reasons to Backup My Gmail Account
Because of various reasons like increasing hacking and corruption cases, users nowadays are saving their email data in an offline mode. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Due to continuously increasing unethical issues it is important to keep a copy of the emails saved on the hard drive.
- Gmail email backup can free up a lot of space from the server as Gmail offers only 15 GB of free space.
- One can easily share the data if it is stored in some portable format like PDF.
The above-mentioned are the reasons to backup Gmail Email account. Now, let us now move ahead to the efficient methods to address the query.
How to Save Gmail Emails to a Folder?
Though one can backup Gmail emails into PST, EML, PDF, MSG, TXT, and many more file formats. But saving them in PDF format is considered the most convenient option for many users. PDF is a portable document and can be accessed on any device without using any third-party application. Follow the below-mentioned method to backup Gmail email account in PDF format.
- Sign in to your Gmail account on your Mac device.
- Select the desired mail that you want to download.
- Next, go to the top right-hand corner and click the Print all icon.
- A pop-up window will appear, select the Save as PDF option and hit save.
- Now your PDF file will be saved on the desktop of your Mac system.
Limitations of the Manual Method
A user can perform the Gmail email backup download process with the help of the above-mentioned process. But this process also carries certain limitations which are stated below.
- The process can be really difficult for non-technical users.
- It requires a lot of patience and time to follow each and every step.
- Using the above process users can not backup Gmail emails in bulk.
- It is not possible to remove duplicate emails from the backup process.
A user can get rid of the above-mentioned drawbacks by switching to a professional method. Thus an expert-recommended solution is MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool, as it is 100% safe and provides quick results.
A Remarkable Way to Backup Gmail Email Account
Gmail Backup Tool for Mac is the most preferred solution for Gmail backup and restore issues. It easily backup and save all Gmail mailbox items on a hard drive with 100% accuracy and high data security. Users can eliminate duplicate emails from the backup process and save the attachments in a separate folder. This utility also provides an option to convert Gmail emails into PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, MBOX, CSV, and other file formats. Users can also export emails from Gmail to Thunderbird, Office 365, yahoo, Hotmail, Thunderbird, and other email clients.
Steps to Backup Emails from Gmail:-
- Install and Run the MacSonik Gmail Backup Tool for Mac.
- Login to your Gmail account with Gmail ID and Third-party App Password.
- Tick the folders that you want to save and click Next.
- Apply the filters as per your requirement and assign a path for the resulting file.
- Finally, click the Convert button to start the Gmail backup process.
Also Read: Best EML to PST Converter Software for Mac- 2022
In the above write-up, we have stated the various ways to backup Gmail email account. The manual method has some restrictions and in order to avoid those limitations, many professionals suggest an advanced solution. It delivers quick results by maintaining the original folder hierarchy throughout the process. Mac Gmail backup tool even allows the user to sync Gmail contacts to iCloud in just a few steps.