The transformation journey is one of the best yet challenging experiences for someone who is about to begin it. It might be difficult in the first place on what to expect or how things will go further. On the other hand, if someone has gender dysphoria and you are thinking of jumping on the gender change surgery then it is bound to come up with some concerns. Well! No need to worry as this article is your handbook to prepare for the same. Understand that you should always seek medical assistance and then make the necessary choice.
What are the requirements for gender change surgery?
With the gender change surgery, you will get to have the looks and personality which makes you feel comfortable about yourself. It is true that to go down this path there are a few requirements that have to be fulfilled:
- In case, you are about to begin your female into Male gender change surgery, then better consult the psychiatrist. In all cases, this is the starting point to have better judgment about your health and what is going on in your mind.
- Whether you are undergoing male to female or vice-versa, you have to sign the consent form. This tells that you are all set to begin the sex reassignment surgery.
- The most important part is to follow all the pre & post-operative instructions given by the doctor. In many cases, once it is cleared then you will be given the medical clearance, to begin with, the further treatment.
Additionally, as to which surgical plan you are planning to get, the requirements are all different from one another. Like the patient should be all ready to begin such an important phase of their life and they should be of the age 18+. Even at this point, the support of the loved ones is extremely important.
Prepare yourself for the gender change surgery
The initial consultation is all about which procedure you want to get and considering your overall health. Moreover, the doctor will consider what are your goals or what specific thing you want. It’s the combined approach that will give you the desired results. It’s your wish whether you want the bottom or top surgery, accordingly discuss with the doctor.
What to expect after surgery?
First of all, you should arrive at the hospital on time. Depending on the surgical plan you will be given the anesthesia which the doctor will discuss with you in the first place. Here’s what you have to do:
- Make sure that you take the right care of the incision
- You need to follow the necessary measures regularly
- Take proper rest and do not get yourself involved in any sort of strenuous regime
- Make sure that you are wearing the necessary compression garment as told by the doctor.
Depending on which procedure you have selected to get the recovery timeline will vary. Usually, it takes around 6 to 8 weeks for the patients to recover. Bear in mind that you follow all the necessary tips shared by the surgeon during the recovery period to notice the results on time. There might be a few side effects that are normal to experience while the recovery is being done. The custom care treatment and recovery plan are given by the surgeon so that the results are proper and there is no such problem while undergoing the surgery.
Schedule your initial consultation
If you have any sort of doubt, then better schedule your initial consultation with the doctor. As to what your needs are, the surgeon will talk you through the entire process to have better clarity over everything.